Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Save the Ladies


Whether it be the fact that I have lived here my entire life or maybe it's because I am stuck here for the rest of it, I still take pride in my community. I have always lived with the understanding that one should put pride into everything they own and do. If this was false then I would have never ran for public office and I would have never volunteered to coach youth sports in our region. Being from St. Albans I have always loved the buildings, the downtown, the schools, the people, and the parks. Recently I have seen too many good maple trees being torn down in the "Maple City Capital of the World" only to be replaced by more inferior species of trees. I don't want to be really negative in these posts so I will talk about something that I do agree with regarding Taylor Park and St. Albans, and that is: WE NEED TO SAVE THE LADIES! I know Kathy Manahan is really trying to push this effort to save the fountain that is part of our history of St. Albans and Vermont. I believe the fountain was a gift from Governor Smith (I may be wrong on this one) but regardless it has been a part of St. Albans for generations and we need to fix it and get it painted and get it working. Please save the ladies for St. Albans.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheLadiesSt.Albans?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment