Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ticket to Ride



I think it is pretty safe for me to not consider myself a car guy. I do work at a dealership and I get to drive a lot of very nice vehicles (Toyota, Chevy, new and Used - handycars.com). This does not make me an expert, but when I think about cars going to auctions I have to wonder why people buy such expensive vehicles. I also never thought that I would be craving a car that would go to auction. I know I will never be able to afford a car like those at auctions, I do not wish to own an antique car because new cars have more features and I think are better, and simply I just don't care most of the time - that was until I was searching news on vehicles and one article caught my eye. 

People may not know but I am one huge Beatles fan. For as long as I can remember I have listened to The Beatles on car trips, on the radio, on the record player (yes record player) and now on my iPhone. Their music really spoke to me growing up and every time I hear their music now I have to sing along. So when I saw an article on Yahoo! Autos titled: John Lennon's First Car Heads to Auction, Ticket to Ride? I had to read it. 

In 1965, right after The Beatles recorded their number one single Ticket to Ride, John Lennon passed his driving test. Being under such media spotlight this news caught the attention of car dealers in England, naturally. The car that caught his fancy was a blue Ferrari 330GT worth around $10,000 (pictured above). Now that is one nice car! There were only 500 of these Ferrari's made.  Go to http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/john-lennon-first-car-heads-auction-ticket-ride-180016472.html to check out more photos. 



Now, believe me, if I had the money to buy any car I wanted in the world, this Ferrari 330GT would be at the top of my list - even though the driver side is on the right (wrong side). If I could muster up enough money this car it would cost me an estimated $340,000 at auction. A man can dream, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment